A {Bookish} List with Alexis (3)

 
Hi there - it's me!  I know that it's been a hot minute, but I just recently moved from the Midwest to the East Coast for my new job.  I love it so far (the facility, the animals, the staff) and I've been adjusting to my new schedule and new place.  Sadly, this also means I've taken a break from reading (almost stayed at the laundromat longer because I wanted to keep reading), but I'm planning on getting that back into the routine here shortly, too.  Enough about me, let's jump into another {Bookish} List with Alexis!

A {Bookish} List with Alexis is just that - a list encompassing a literary theme of some sort.  The list can be as long or as short as you'd like... just have fun with it!
This week's theme is: Popular book series that I've never read.  I feel like most, if not all of these, are on my to-read list but I haven't gotten around to them yet.  I'm really bad at keeping up with book series - for crying out loud I just finished reading the Harry Potter series this year...

1. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.
I swear I see this book everywhere.
2. The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare.
Does this woman have any free time after writing more than one series?!
3. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead.
I'm not into vampire books too much, so I'm not sure I'll ever get around to reading this series...
4. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa.
These covers are gorgeous.  Still not sure how I haven't gotten my hands on a copy yet.
5. The Selection series by Kiera Cass.
I read the first book... and that's as far as I got because I never picked up the second book.
6. Divergent series by Veronica Roth.
Again, I read the first book, but didn't get around to finishing the others because I'm pretty sure a friend told me a spoiler and I didn't want to endure the heartbreak.
7. The Inheritance Cycle series by Christopher Paolini.
Random fact: my childhood best friend read these in elementary school.  I read Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke, so I feel like I would enjoy this series as well.
8. Daughter of Smoke & Bone series by Laini Taylor.
Another series that I saw everywhere all the time...
9. A Series of Unfortunate Events series by Lemony Snicket.
I never got around to finishing these as a child, but I've always wanted to.
10. Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick.
You bet I saw this series everywhere I looked.
11. Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi.
And this one...
12. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares.
I started reading the first book, but just couldn't get into it.
13. His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman.
Yet another one I started, always wanted to finish, but have yet to do.
14. Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld.
I think I had to read this one for class... and then - you guessed it - didn't read any of the other books in the series.
There ya have it - popular book series that I've never read!  Any on here that you recommend?  Any that I didn't include that I might not have read?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

In My Mailbox (5)

Stacking the Shelves (9)