Book Review: Get Out of Your Head

I think that the first time I heard about this book was from a friend who was using it as discipleship material.  The title caught my attention and I knew it was a book I should get my hands on.  I logged it in the back of my head for later.

I've recently been on a podcast kick and have been listening to Jennie Allen's Made for This pretty consistently.  One of the seasons was even focused on Get Out of Your Head and those episodes were straight fire.  As you may know, I've been on a self-help/personal growth book kick as of late, so I finally put in a hold request for this book from my library.  I had it sitting on my floor for four weeks and was reminded that I had limited time with it when the library emailed me my early overdue notice.  It was then that I was forced to binge read this book... but honestly, it wasn't even that hard to because I couldn't get enough!

I loved the mind maps, loved the layout and flow of Allen's content, loved her vulnerability and use of Scripture... I am just obsessed with this book and didn't want to let it go.  I would buy myself and my friends a copy of this book in a heartbeat.  This book is perfect for book clubs and small groups and discipleships.  In fact, I think she has a leader guide for Get Out of Your Head for this purpose.  (She does, it's available on her website here).  

I finished this book filled with so much hope and power because I truly do have more control over my thoughts than I remember!  This is why I chose to give Get Out of Your Head 5 leaves!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

Liebster Award: 2016

Stacking the Shelves (9)