Book Review: The Fault in Our Stars

Title: The Fault in Our Stars
Author: John Green
Publisher: Dutton Books
Rating: 5

Synopsis (via Goodreads): Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Review: This book was shoved in my face by my dear friend Kayleigh, (who I've mentioned several times on this blog before). She had nothing but good things to say about TFiOS and any book that she highly recommends, I read. I trust her when it comes to books, and anything really. (:

One thing she told me before reading the book was that I was going to cry. She was disappointed when I didn't. Actually, she kind of yelled at me for it. If the movie is as good as the book, I'm sure I'll be a blubbering baby. But, the book is always better than the movie.

It's hard for me to describe The Fault in Our Stars. It was so beautifully written that I surprised myself by not crying. I loved Hazel, I loved Augustus, I loved the plot - I just loved the book. It's one of those that I would love to reread again and again. I just hope the movie doesn't screw it all up.

Because I can't review this book without giving the whole thing away (the ending was my favorite part!) I decided I might as well include the movie trailer. If you hadn't read the book yet, you better get yourself a copy before you see the movie. Without further ado, the TFiOS movie trailer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stacking the Shelves (9)

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

Liebster Award: 2016