Liebster Award: 2016

I am honored to have been nominated for the Liebster Award for a second time (first in 2013 and now in 2016).  This award is given to bloggers by bloggers to recognize awesome blogs, get to know others in the blogger community, and follow new blogs!  A huge thank you to Bookish Beauty for the nomination.

The rules are super easy and fun!  Check them out:
- Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers to receive the award.  To be eligible, they need to have 200 followers or less.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog when they post their nomination.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{In no particular order} the Liebster Award goes to... 
1. Booknerd Babes
2. Swissbookworm
3. Tabitha Reads Books
4. Reviewing Daydreamer
5. I Am Shelfless
6. The Queen of Teen Fiction
7. YA Bibliophile
8. Life Is Reading
9. Joie Des Livres
10. Paved With Books
11. Radiating Samshine
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Without further ado, here are my answers to the Bookish Beauty's questions... 

1. What's your favorite book? 
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke.
I haven't read this book in years, but I plan to re-read the whole series soon.

2. What makeup product gives you the most joy?
Lip gloss, lip balm, chapstick, whatever you want to call it.  Who doesn't like super smooth lips?!  That and I'm pretty sure I have every candy flavor in existence from my middle school years. 

3. Favorite book series?
The City of Ember series by Jeanne DuPrau.
Again, I haven't read these books in years, but I remember I couldn't put them down.  I haven't been keeping up with any current series lately which is something I hope to change in the near future.

4. Holy Grail makeup item? 
I think this means what makeup item I couldn't live without... so I choose mascara.  My eyelashes are blonde and that forces me to wear mascara everyday so people can actually see that my eyelashes do indeed exist.

5. What was the last book you just could not finish? 
I honestly don't remember.  However, it was hard for me to get through We Were Liars by E. Lockhart because I was so nauseous. 

6. What is a recent beauty product you bought that disappointed you? 
Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips. 
I still have blackheads after using all six of these strips.  Enough said. 

7. What book do you think everyone should read? 
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. 
This book won a Pulitzer Prize for a reason people!

8. Best beauty product discovery this year?
I'm not heavily involved/active in the beauty product industry so I honestly can't tell you what new products were released this year.  Makeup is something my roommate can teach me about next year.

9. Favorite reading genre?
DYSTOPIAN.  I think I mention this in every review I post.  I have a tendency to be redundant (count how many times I write "honestly" and "so" in this post alone).  I'm sorry. 

10. What's the best lipstick you own, shade and brand?
Mary Kay Dusty Rose. 
I kind of forget that I'm wearing it halfway through the day because it's so light and silky on my lips. 

11. Most anticipated read in 2016? 
Heartless by Marissa Meyer. 
I loved Cinder (have yet to read the sequels) and I love fairy tale remakes.  I have to get my hands on a copy ASAP.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{In case you wanted to know me better} 11 Random Facts About Me: 
1. Everytime I go to McDonald's, I order a Big Mac meal.  Yes, I am aware of how unhealthy that is, but I don't go to fast food restaurants on a daily basis. 
2. I'm a true Wisconsinite - I love cows, I'm addicted to cheese curds, and I root for the Packers/Badgers/Brewers no matter how awful their season is going. 
3. I'm trying to use up all 8 perfumes I have in my medicine cabinet, so I wear a different scent every day. 
4. Speaking of scents, I love going into Bath & Body Works just so I can smell everything. 
5. I have a foot fetish. 
6. Fuzzy socks make me happy. 
7. I feel the urge to paint my nails a lot, but the polish doesn't stay on longer than a week so what's the point? 
8. My ideal date would involve laser tag, going to a sporting event, or going to the local frozen yogurt shop. 
9. Last month, I saw Panic at the Disco in concert.  Brendon Urie is 100x more amazing in person. 
10. I hate driving in snow.  It's like I have a fear of getting into a car accident or something. 
11. I scream when a cat hisses somewhere by me.  One bad experience can haunt you for the rest of your life. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{And finally} 11 Questions for the bloggers I nominated: 
1. What bookish memes (if any) do you participate in? 
2. What's your go-to beverage when you're reading? 
3. What's your dream vacation? 
4. What's one book that you've had on your shelf for a long time and haven't read yet?
5. When did you start blogging and why? 
6. Do you enjoy writing? 
7. What's your favorite scent? (refer to #3 & #4 in the Random Facts section above)
8. Coke or Pepsi?
9. Paperback or Hardcover? 
10. Who do you consider to be your book boyfriend/girlfriend? 
11. What's one book you would want to be adapted into a movie?

To the bloggers I nominated - I hope to hear from you soon!  I'm interested to read your answers to my questions.  If you don't mind, post the link to your Liebster Award post in the comments below.  Congrats and keep up the good work!

Comments

  1. I so enjoyed reading your answers!! This was great and I'm going to check out the blogs you mentioned right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Just found out about this. Thank you very much for nominating me! :)
    I will definitely participate in this because I think it's a wonderful way of meeting new people and blogs.

    Can't wait to find new blogs to nominate and to answer your questions. I'll let you know when I made a post about this. :D

    Thanks again!
    - Yasmine @ Swissbookworm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating me! I loved reading your answers, and I can't wait to answer your questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for nominating me! Your post is so much fun to read, and I loved answering your questions :D Here is mine - http://pavedwithbookss.blogspot.co.id/2016/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey :) Thanks again very much for nominating me! I finally put up my post about it. If you want to have a look, here's the link: http://swissbookworm.blogspot.ch/2016/01/the-liebster-award.html

    xoxo Yasmine @ Swissbookworm

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love reading these! and ohh im planning to read all the lights we cannot see next month. do you think ill enjoy it? (im a fantasy reader tho)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It's so beautifully written that I don't think it matters what genre you tend to like. I'm not generally a fan of war novels, but it wasn't "on the front line" type.

      Delete
  7. I honestly don't own many lipsticks because I don't wear lipstick often, but I do own and love Dusty Rose! Thanks for nominating me! I will be answering the questions soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for nominating me, I'm going to writing this post tonight and posting it next Tuesday! So keep an eye out as I'll be answering your questions!! ❤️ x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

Stacking the Shelves (9)