Guess Who's Back?

Holy nuggets it's been a while!

Four years to be exact... oof.

I was updating my "About Me" page because I'm no longer in high school... or college.  (Spoiler alert: your girl graduated - WOOT WOOT!)  But I figured I might as well write an update post, too.

Thanks to quarantine and what spare time I have since I'm no longer a student, I've dove headfirst back into the book world which I absolutely love and I have missed so much.  Seriously so refreshing to escape reality by launching myself into some other story, amirite?  I think today was week four in a row that I've been to the library.  I think the volunteer at the door probably recognizes me at this point.  I should introduce myself to be completely honest.  I digress... I made a quick Snapchat story to send to my best friend about my book haul from the library when I remembered about my book blogging days and the light bulb went off in my head.

I can blog again.

Not that I couldn't before, but holy butternut squash college really sucks the time away from you which no one warned me about.  I kept being told, "It'll be over before you know it," and they were right, but I don't think anyone said I would barely have time to sleep.  Rookie mistake... but dang, I loved college.

I graduated in May with a major in Biology and minor in Captive Wildlife.  My career goal is to be a zookeeper and I am currently an aviculture intern at the International Crane Foundation.  Those birds can be super intimidating (they can and will stand their ground), but I love watching them dance.  It makes my heart so happy.  My favorite species are the Blues.  Google them.  It's like God painted those critters.

Part of my "About Me" page had read as follows: "Other then trying to survive school, (and all the drama that comes with it), I love to read, write, take pictures, hang out with my friends and family, text, play my drums (yes, you read that correctly), swim, dance, and prove others wrong. All of these things makes my summer, (and life), full of adventure and adds some unexpected twists along the way. Kind of like books in some weird metaphor way..."

To my high school self: Congrats, you survived school.  All sixteen years of it.  The drama helped you learn more about who you are and made you stronger.  Drama is inevitable in this life because hurt people hurt people, but you can and will get through whatever comes your way because God is on your side.  

You'll find the time to read again.  Not just YA anymore.  You'll dig deeper into self-improvement books after a hard breakup, but they will inspire you and help reveal more areas in your life you can grow in.  

This breakup will also lead you to write a book based off your past dating experiences.  You will have the goal to self-publish.  Some days the words will come easier than others, but keep pushing through.  You aren't the only one who has been through similar experiences and your story could be someone else's survival guide. 

You will still take pictures of everything.  You will still love hanging out with friends and family, although the pandemic will make it more difficult, it will also give you the opportunity to reconnect with old friends.  You will grow to hate texting.  It's so easy to get things misinterpreted and take things personally.  Speaking of which, stop taking things so personally.  The world doesn't revolve around you.  

You will join the worship team for a college Christian organization and your college friends will have no clue that you can play.  When they tell you this, all you can think of saying is, "Surprise!"  (Classic).

You will be a lifeguard and swim instructor during your senior year of college.  Teaching the babies will be your favorite even when some of them seriously can't swim at all and should have never been in your level in the first place.  Your favorite part will still be when they can jump into the deep end off the blocks without any fear all by themselves by the end of the session.  You will start swimming laps when you realize that you might not be in shape to save some of the regulars by yourself because, well, they are three times the size you are and you are the only guard on duty.

You will help backstage at the future recitals.  They will trust you with a headset and pumping up the kiddos before they run out on stage for their number.  You will be dragged out on stage for the closing numbers after just learning the choreography behind the curtain when the song first started.

You will continue to prove others wrong.  Don't lose that fire.  At the same time, remember that you don't need anyone else's approval.  You've already got God's and His is all that matters.  The right people will love you just as you are through all the good and bad times.

Your life will continue to be full of adventures.  Especially because you will start to live by the motto, "Full send."  You will participate in crazy, funny dares with your best friend that will lead you to pretending that one of your stuffed animals is a baby when you take it with you to the grocery store.  Somehow, the guy standing behind you in the checkout line won't figure out that it's furry.

Your plans might not unfold the way you want them to, but they will unfold the way they are supposed to.  Never forget how you are loved, you are worthy, and you are redeemed.  

You are imperfectly perfect.

Now, how about them books?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

Stacking the Shelves (9)

Liebster Award: 2016