February 2021 Wrap-Up

 
2 months down of 2021, 10 more to go!  Here's to hoping that with the increase in COVID-19 vaccine distributions and the decline in hospitalizations/deaths we are finally turning a new leaf.  I can't believe it's already been one year since the pandemic touched the nation and turned life upside down...
- Books Read -
This past month, I read five books.  One was a physical book and the other four were e-books.
Playing with Fire by April Henry
Attached by Amir Levine and Rachel Heller
A Killer's Daughter by Jenna Kernan
Destination Anywhere by Sara Barnard

The Home Front by DW Hanneken
*Review coming soon*
- Currently Reading -
- TBR Pile for March -
The Fragile Ones by Jennifer Chase
The Girl Who Escaped from Auschwitz by Ellie Midwood
Surviving Savannah by Patti Callahan
Not Broken by Lyn Hemphill
Five Ways to Fall Out of Love by Emily Martin
She's Too Pretty to Burn by Wendy Heard
- Life Update -
I made so many feathered friends (and by so many I mean like three) at my current internship with the International Crane Foundation that I was offered an extension that I happily accepted, so I will be staying with the stabby birds for an additional month!

I think I had at least one job interview every week during February.  One day during my lunch break, a Connecticut phone number was trying to reach me and I didn't think anything of it, but I answered.  They offered me an animal trainer/keeper position at The Maritime Aquarium... so this Wisconsin gal is moving to the East Coast!  Since receiving that phone call and officially accepting the position, it's been full speed ahead for planning the move.  There's a lot to get done in a short time frame - did I mention I start on April 6? - but I have a really solid support team who've been nothing but encouraging.  I'm trying to focus on one thing at a time, one day at a time.

I sent out a survey to the community in regards to thoughts about the youth center and received 300 responses in a span of two weeks!  About 91% of folks said that the youth center is something that they would send their kiddos to, so I'm very hopeful for what's to come...

Feel free to post a link to your monthly wrap-up post so I can hear how your February went!

Comments

  1. oh I can't wait to hear what you think of The Girl Who Escaped from Auschwitz!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

In My Mailbox (5)

Stacking the Shelves (9)