Book Review: Attached

I have to get something off my chest real quick... the magnets on the cover look like cigarettes to me.

Please tell me you see it too.

Oof, okay.  This book.  Strongly recommend.

I didn't know that attachment styles were a thing, but, somehow, I stumbled on a quiz for it and when I was given my results with a small blurb describing my style I instantly wanted to learn more.  It's like taking an enneagram test and finding out which type you are.  You suddenly learn more about yourself and your behaviors and what makes you tick.  It makes me feel like I'm meeting a new version of myself (in a non-multiple personality disorder type of way.  Which, side note, that really interests me as well.  Another reading topic on my plate for sure).

I liked how this book was setup, although I'm not sure there would be another way to order it now that I think about it.  Anyways, you get an intro to what attachment styles are, a taste of each individual style, learn how to make matches work (or when you should move on) - the whole shebang.

There were days where I had to force myself to read a chapter, but I was always grateful when I did.  I have two reasons for why reading Attached sometimes felt like a chore: 1) I was being called out.  A lot.  Like I said, you learn more about yourself, behaviors, etc.  I winced a few times out of embarrassment because I totally know I've done A, B, and C mentioned in the book.  2) Heavily informational.  In case you didn't guess it already.

Still, it was worth it.  I definitely think that, after reading Attached and learning about my attachment style, I can enter the dating world more confident in myself and my relationships.
Curious about your attachment style?  Take the quiz here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

In My Mailbox (5)

Stacking the Shelves (9)