Book Review: First Frost

Title: First Frost
Author: Jennifer Estep
Publisher: Kensington
Rating: 2

Synopsis (via Goodreads): I am Gwen Frost, and I have a Gypsy gift.  It's called psychometry - that's a fancy way of saying that I see images in my head and get flashes of other people's memories off almost everything I touch, even guys. 
My gift makes me kind of nosy. Okay, okay, maybe a lot nosy--to the point of obsession sometimes. I want to know everything about everyone around me. But even I don't want to know the secrets my friend Paige is hiding or the terrible loss that will send me to a new school - Mythos Academy, where the teachers aren't preparing us for the SATs, but to battle Reapers of Chaos. Now I have no friends and no idea how my gift fits in with all these warrior whiz kids. The only thing I do know is that my life is never, ever going to be the same...

Review: I have heard a lot of good things about Jennifer Estep's Mythos Academy series so I thought I would give it a try. Since my OCD always kicks in when book series are involved, I tend to read the series in order. That's the way it's supposed to be right? First Frost isn't the official first book of the Mythos Academy series, but because it was on sale and #0.5 of the series, I thought: what the heck?

This book was not what I was expecting at all. Maybe it's because I kept forgetting that it wasn't the first book of the series but more of a short introduction. Either way, I felt a little disappointed. First Frost was basically a short story introducing readers to Gwen Frost and her gypsy gift that makes her life a little bit more complicated than everyone elses. It helped me understand a little bit of her power and her family life, so in a way I'm glad I read this first before giving the rest of the series a go, but I'm really hoping for more detail and such in the next enstallment of Gwen's series.

If you've read First Frost, what did you think about it?

Comments

  1. Hiya Alexis, Lovely blog! :) I'm your new follower
    I would appreciate if you follow me back:
    http://www.purelyenchanted.blogspot.com/
    Thanks
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexis!!!I love your layout....

    Your newest follower,
    Rose VAcademy

    http://sofialovesreading.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stacking the Shelves (9)

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

Liebster Award: 2016