A {Bookish} List with Alexis (1)

Happy Sunday and hello February!

As I mentioned in my wrap-up post, I want to spice things up a little bit and, sadly, most of the hosts of the bookish memes I participate in no longer have active blogs.  I really miss adding my post to a mass list and checking out the blogs of others!  Thankfully, I still have Stacking the Shelves to do so!  This isn't really a bookish meme per say - if it turns into one, awesome; if not, I won't be heartbroken - but the themes for my bookish lists are from post idea lists that I found, you guessed it, on Pinterest.

A {Bookish} List with Alexis is just that - a list encompassing a literary theme of some sort.  The list can be as long or as short as you'd like... just have fun with it!
Since it's officially February, I decided to go with the whole "love" POV.  So, without further ado, this week's theme is: Reasons why you love books / reading.

1. I love becoming a character in a book.  Do you ever get the feeling that you're an extra watching from the sidelines?  It's literally my favorite.
2. I love how reading can be a mini escape from reality.  I get lost in books all the time.  Good luck finding me between the pages!
3. I love to travel... and reading is one of the easiest ways to do it.  Especially in the midst of a global pandemic (because I'm going to be a responsible human bean).
4. I love learning new things... about the world, about myself, about other opinions.  I'm a curious little sponge, let me soak in all the knowledge.
5. Reading is one of the ways I refill my cup.  I feel re-energized and calm (most of the time) after a good read.  Self-care is really heckin' important friends!
There you have it - the reasons why I love books / reading.  I'd love to hear what your reasons are!  Stay tuned for the next installment of A {Bookish} List with Alexis!

Comments

  1. So true. I love that feeling of visiting other worlds!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

In My Mailbox (5)

Stacking the Shelves (9)