A {Bookish} List with Alexis (2)

 

Welcome to the second installment of A {Bookish} List with Alexis!

A {Bookish} List with Alexis is just that - a list encompassing a literary theme of some sort.  The list can be as long or as short as you'd like... just have fun with it!
This week's theme is: Fairytale retellings that I love.  Retellings are some of my favorites - Wicked is one of my favorite Broadway musicals and Once Upon a Time is one of my favorite tv shows.  I love seeing what spins authors put on the stories I grew up listening to or watching courtesy of Disney.

1. Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce.
I haven't read this book, or any others by Pearce, in a hot minute, but I remember being obsessed.
2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer.
This series is on the top of my to-finish list, but I'll probably just start over and re-read this gem.
3. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige.
Similar to The Lunar Chronicles, I have yet to catch up on this series.  Honestly, I'm not great when it comes to keeping up with book series.  I just finished reading all seven books of Harry Potter this past spring...
Those are my picks for fairytale retellings that I love.  Are there others out there that are your favorite and I should read?  Have you read one, two, or maybe all three of my picks?  If so, what did you think of them?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

In My Mailbox (5)

Stacking the Shelves (9)